Get after your bucket list!
Join Alaska's most qualified backcountry ski guide for the trip of a lifetime. Joe guides backcountry and ski mountaineering around Southcentral Alaska from November through June. Backcountry skiing means the terrain is non-glaciated and non-technical. It's about seeking great snow and beautiful location. Ski mountaineering adds the exposure component to skiing—we bring a rope for use in steep terrain or for glacier travel.
Is your ski guide qualified?
Is your guide qualified to take you into avalanche terrain? Your life is in their hands. Joe's qualifications:
- Certified AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide
- Certified AAA instructor
- AAA Pro 1 and Pro 2 instructor
- AIARE avalanche level 3 trained
- WFR and CPR certified
- 18 years of avalanche instructing
- 20 years of ski guiding
- 30 years of backcountry skiing