Why Hire Joe?
Joe combines a 30+ year obsession with avalanches and mountain travel to teach his courses. Despite his strong snow science background, Joe's teaching focuses on simplifying the complex avalanche problem into bite-sized pieces to make good decisions while skiing in avalanche terrain.
- 20+ years of avalanche instructing experience
- AMGA-certified Ski Guide
- American Avalanche Association Professional Member
- American Avalanche Association Certified Instructor
- American Avalanche Association Pro 1 and 2 instructor
- American Avalanche Association Pro 2 examined (AIARE Level 3)
- AIARE Instructor Training Course
- Internship at the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center
- Internship at the Silverton Avalanche Forecast Office
Private Level 1
Private Level 2