The Best Roadside Skiing in North America
Revelstoke is a small town near Roger's Pass. The town has an emerging ski resort feel with great bars and restaurants, but it has kept is working class feel with the railroad and logging. On the edge of town is Revelstoke Mountain Resort, which has the most vertical of any ski resort in North America. An hour drive from Revelstoke is Roger's Pass, where the legendary Trans Canada Highway twists under massive avalanche paths. This pass gives access to vast ski terrain, from glacier traverses to tree skiing.
- Intermediate to advanced alpine skiing skills.
- Fitness for a full day in the mountains.
- Recent avalanche companion rescue practice. We will have assessment and review before our tour.
January 22 February 22, 2019
- 1 client: $500 per day
- 2 clients: $300 per person per day
- 3 clients: $225 per person per day
- 4+ clients: $200 per person per day, a second guide may be added over four clients.
- In partnership with Alaska Guide Collective or Certified Guide's Cooperative.
- AMGA/IFMGA Mountain Guide Joe Stock. Up to eight clients. A second guide may be added.
- Navigation, first aid and repair kits
- Emergency communication and shelter
Does Not Include
- Transport. To reduce costs, using a rental car or your personal car is the best option.
- Lodging, food and drink.
- Personal gear. See Backcountry Ski Gear List.
- Rescue and trip insurance. See Booking for details.