If You Take One Class, Make It An Avalanche Class
Why Hire Joe?
Joe combines a 30-year obsession with avalanches and mountain travel to teach his courses. Despite his strong snow science background, his teaching focuses on practical application of skills and making good decisions to ski in avalanche terrain. Joe's training includes:
- Certified AMGA Ski Mountaineering Guide
- Certified instructor by the American Avalanche Association
- AIARE Level III examined
- AIARE instructor trained
- Internship at the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center
- Internship at the Silverton Avalanche Forecast Office
- 18 years of avalanche instructing
My goal is to give you the skills to minimize your risk here.
Most of the Alaska Avalanche School staff, all snow and avalanche professionals.